Statewide News Releases
- WHAT’S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – MARCH/APRIL 2015
- March 5, 2015
The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui announced the completion of a three-year, $70 million renovation project. Improvements made to the 22-acre Wailea property include the $5.1 million rebuild of Ko restaurant, the debut of the Willow Stream Spa, the restoration of 413 one-bedroom suites featuring new tropical contemporary designs, and refreshed décor including furniture, carpet, and lighting at the resorts luxurious 37 two-story villas.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU LAUNCHES NEW TRAVEL AGENT ONLINE RESOURCE CENTER
- February 2, 2015
Revamped website and Hawaii Destination Specialist Program offer comprehensive information, training, tips, and tools
- TRAVEL CHANNEL'S "THE TRIP: 2015" HIGHLIGHTS HAWAII
- January 21, 2015
All-star hosts Samantha Brown, Bert Kreischer, Anthony Melchiorri, and Don Wildman take viewers to five Hawaiian Islands and give away a $100,000 dream vacation in TV special and sweepstakes
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU INVITES TRAVELERS TO "#LETHAWAIIHAPPEN"
- January 13, 2015
New social media engagement program highlights authentic experiences on six Hawaiian Islands
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES PAGE GAYLORD AS DIRECTOR OF B2B MARKETING
- January 6, 2015
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that Page Gaylord has joined the Bureau as director of B2B marketing. She reports to Karen Hughes, vice president of Meet Hawaii and travel industry partnerships.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2015
- January 5, 2015
Situated on North Kaanapali Beach, Maui, The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas completed its multi-million dollar renewal project of its guestrooms in December 2014.
- "THE BIGGEST LOSER" WINS WITH KAUAI FOR ULTIMATE DESTINATION CHALLENGE
- December 15, 2014
– Two episodes airing Dec. 18 and Jan. 1 on NBC showcase inspiring ways to lose weight on Kauai –
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014
- November 6, 2014
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa on Oahu began work on $100 million in extensive renovations to 1,230 guest rooms. Completed in phases, three floors at a time, the expected guest room remodel is slated for completion in March 2015.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS - SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2014
- September 15, 2014
Work on a $4.5 million room renovation at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel in Waikiki, Oahu is scheduled to wrap up this fall just it time for the hotel’s 50th golden anniversary.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU NAMES MICHAEL NI DIGITAL STRATEGIST
- August 18, 2014
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) has recently hired Michael Ni as digital strategist. He reports to Kara Imai, senior director, digital marketing.