Statewide News Releases
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU INVITES TRAVELERS TO "#LETHAWAIIHAPPEN"
- January 13, 2015
New social media engagement program highlights authentic experiences on six Hawaiian Islands
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES PAGE GAYLORD AS DIRECTOR OF B2B MARKETING
- January 6, 2015
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that Page Gaylord has joined the Bureau as director of B2B marketing. She reports to Karen Hughes, vice president of Meet Hawaii and travel industry partnerships.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2015
- January 5, 2015
Situated on North Kaanapali Beach, Maui, The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas completed its multi-million dollar renewal project of its guestrooms in December 2014.
- "THE BIGGEST LOSER" WINS WITH KAUAI FOR ULTIMATE DESTINATION CHALLENGE
- December 15, 2014
– Two episodes airing Dec. 18 and Jan. 1 on NBC showcase inspiring ways to lose weight on Kauai –
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014
- November 6, 2014
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa on Oahu began work on $100 million in extensive renovations to 1,230 guest rooms. Completed in phases, three floors at a time, the expected guest room remodel is slated for completion in March 2015.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS - SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2014
- September 15, 2014
Work on a $4.5 million room renovation at the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel in Waikiki, Oahu is scheduled to wrap up this fall just it time for the hotel’s 50th golden anniversary.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU NAMES MICHAEL NI DIGITAL STRATEGIST
- August 18, 2014
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) has recently hired Michael Ni as digital strategist. He reports to Kara Imai, senior director, digital marketing.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES GEORGE JOHNS AS REGIONAL DIRECTOR, TRAVEL INDUSTRY SALES
- August 14, 2014
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that George Johns has joined the Bureau as regional director of travel industry sales. He reports to Robyn Basso, senior director of travel industry partnerships.
- BUSINESS AS USUAL IN HAWAII AS HURRICANES ISELLE, JULIO PASS ISLANDS WITH LIMITED IMPACT
- August 11, 2014
Hurricanes Iselle and Julio have passed the Hawaiian Islands well to the south and north respectively without significantly impacting the Aloha State’s visitor industry. The National Weather Service forecasts show Julio continuing its northern track leaving little behind but high surf on east facing shores.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS - JULY/AUGUST 2014
- July 1, 2014
Montage Hotels & Resorts announced the grand opening of Montage Kapalua Bay, spanning 24 acres on Maui’s northwest coast. The property, formerly the residences at Kapalua Bay underwent a $15 million renovation to upgrade suites and property amenities.