Statewide Story Ideas
Will Travel for Marathons & Triatholons
With races taking place year round, Hawaii is a runner’s paradise whether you’re an ultra-competitive marathoner or avid triathlete. Between May and December, there are seven events to consider planning your vacation around. Some are intense. Some are more for fun. But all are meant to challenge your mind, body, and spirit, while rewarding you with the tropical vacation you always think about as you recuperate.
- May 1 - North Shore Marathon (Oahu) – www.active.com
- May 15 – Honolulu Triathlon (Oahu) – www.honolulutriathlon.com
- June 4 – Ford Ironman Hawaii 70.3 Triathlon (Hawaii Island) – www.ironman.com
- September 4 – The Kauai Marathon – www.thekauaimarathon.com
- September 18 – Maui Marathon – www.mauimarathonhawaii.com
- October 8 – Ford Ironman Triathlon World Championship (Hawaii Island) – www.ironman.com
- December 11 – Honolulu Marathon – www.honolulumarathon.org
Featured Story Ideas
- Power Through With Hawaii's Super Foods
Feel the need for energy and a boost to your immune system and overall health? Hawaii is home to a variety of super foods, all with essential nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants to kick start a healthier lifestyle. Enjoy the “feel good” benefits of these unprocessed natural foods, all found in the Hawaiian Islands. You are what you eat!
- Read More