Statewide Story Ideas
Travelers looking for healthier and gluten-free dining options will find more choices starting to pop up in Hawaii. Whether you’re a pizza connoisseur and haven’t been able to find the perfect gluten free pizza, or miss eating fluffy muffins for breakfast, the Hawaiian Islands are about to blow your gluten-free mind with a plethora of the most delectable restaurants.
- Chrysalis Foods (Oahu) – Looking for a gluten, dairy and nut-free spot to eat while shopping at Ala Moana Center? Break away from the food court and visit the Vim ‘N Vigor store for the Chrysalis foods counter. The menu changes every week, offering local favorites such as mochiko chicken and mochi treats. www.chrysalisfoods.com
- Whole Foods Kahala (Oahu) – If you need options, look no further. This Whole Foods is home to a sandwich bar, brick-fired pizza bar, sushi and seafood bar, salad bar, olive bar, and wine bar. Several snacks, including gourmet cheeses, crackers and fruits are also readily available. www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/honolulu
- Up Country Bakery & Cafe (Hawaii Island) – Satisfy your breakfast taste buds with gluten-free mixed berry muffins, gluten-free banana bread slices or gluten-free pancakes. On your way to see the volcano? Grab a sandwich on gluten-free bread and take it on the road. www.facebook.com/upcountry777
- Maui Brick Oven – Maui Brick Oven restaurant, located in Kihei, initially gained popularity for the most phenomenal gluten free pizza. Now Maui locals and visitors constant this eatery for its impeccable service and vast menu selection that ranges from pasta to pizza and salads. Maui Brick Oven has a healthy and tasty choice for anyone who comes through their doors. www.mauibrickoven.com
- Sweet Marie’s Hawaii (Kauai) – Looking for a local cake bakery for your destination wedding, anniversary or birthday? Sweet Marie’s is a hometown favorite bakery and restaurant on the Garden Isle, boasting a 100% gluten free menu consisting of breakfast, lunch, desserts, and even catering. Menu items are made from fresh and organic locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs. www.sweetmarieskauai.com
Featured Story Ideas
- Power Through With Hawaii's Super Foods
Feel the need for energy and a boost to your immune system and overall health? Hawaii is home to a variety of super foods, all with essential nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants to kick start a healthier lifestyle. Enjoy the “feel good” benefits of these unprocessed natural foods, all found in the Hawaiian Islands. You are what you eat!
- Read More