Statewide News Releases
- HAWAII HONORED WITH TRAVELAGE WEST WAVE AWARDS
- June 22, 2015
The Hawaiian Islands received top honors at the TravelAge West WAVE (Western Agents’ Votes of Excellence) Awards for “Destination with the Highest Client Satisfaction, USA” and “Tourism Board Providing the Best Travel Agent Support.” The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) accepted the awards on June 11 in Marina Del Rey, Calif.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES ERICA NEVES AS MANAGER, TRAVEL TRADE MARKETING
- June 16, 2015
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that Erica Neves has joined the Bureau as manager of travel trade marketing. She reports to Robyn Basso, senior director, travel industry partnerships.
- WHAT’S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS - May/June 2015
- May 6, 2015
Previously completing several upgrades, Koloa Landing Resort in Poipu on Kauai’s south shore is undergoing phase three of its resort expansion. The $90+ million renovation will include the addition of a 13,000-square-feet main pool, a poolside bar and grill, and a 12,000-square-feet mixed-use event center, as well as four new residential buildings surrounded by lush flora.
- WHAT’S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – MARCH/APRIL 2015
- March 5, 2015
The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui announced the completion of a three-year, $70 million renovation project. Improvements made to the 22-acre Wailea property include the $5.1 million rebuild of Ko restaurant, the debut of the Willow Stream Spa, the restoration of 413 one-bedroom suites featuring new tropical contemporary designs, and refreshed décor including furniture, carpet, and lighting at the resorts luxurious 37 two-story villas.
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU LAUNCHES NEW TRAVEL AGENT ONLINE RESOURCE CENTER
- February 2, 2015
Revamped website and Hawaii Destination Specialist Program offer comprehensive information, training, tips, and tools
- TRAVEL CHANNEL'S "THE TRIP: 2015" HIGHLIGHTS HAWAII
- January 21, 2015
All-star hosts Samantha Brown, Bert Kreischer, Anthony Melchiorri, and Don Wildman take viewers to five Hawaiian Islands and give away a $100,000 dream vacation in TV special and sweepstakes
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU INVITES TRAVELERS TO "#LETHAWAIIHAPPEN"
- January 13, 2015
New social media engagement program highlights authentic experiences on six Hawaiian Islands
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES PAGE GAYLORD AS DIRECTOR OF B2B MARKETING
- January 6, 2015
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that Page Gaylord has joined the Bureau as director of B2B marketing. She reports to Karen Hughes, vice president of Meet Hawaii and travel industry partnerships.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS – JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2015
- January 5, 2015
Situated on North Kaanapali Beach, Maui, The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas completed its multi-million dollar renewal project of its guestrooms in December 2014.
- "THE BIGGEST LOSER" WINS WITH KAUAI FOR ULTIMATE DESTINATION CHALLENGE
- December 15, 2014
– Two episodes airing Dec. 18 and Jan. 1 on NBC showcase inspiring ways to lose weight on Kauai –