Go to Press Room for:
Statewide Press Room
Latest News Releases
- HAWAII VISITORS AND CONVENTION BUREAU WELCOMES GEORGE JOHNS AS REGIONAL DIRECTOR, TRAVEL INDUSTRY SALES
- (August 14, 2014)
The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB) announced today that George Johns has joined the Bureau as regional director of travel industry sales. He reports to Robyn Basso, senior director of travel industry partnerships.
- BUSINESS AS USUAL IN HAWAII AS HURRICANES ISELLE, JULIO PASS ISLANDS WITH LIMITED IMPACT
- (August 11, 2014)
Hurricanes Iselle and Julio have passed the Hawaiian Islands well to the south and north respectively without significantly impacting the Aloha State’s visitor industry. The National Weather Service forecasts show Julio continuing its northern track leaving little behind but high surf on east facing shores.
- WHAT'S NEW IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS - JULY/AUGUST 2014
- (July 1, 2014)
Montage Hotels & Resorts announced the grand opening of Montage Kapalua Bay, spanning 24 acres on Maui’s northwest coast. The property, formerly the residences at Kapalua Bay underwent a $15 million renovation to upgrade suites and property amenities.
- LEARNING THE ROPES OF POLYNESIAN VOYAGING IN THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS
- (June 24, 2014)
Hokulea, Hawaii’s traditional Polynesian voyaging canoe, has set sail on a three year worldwide expedition covering 47,000 nautical miles, 85 ports, and 26 countries.
- HVCB AND HAWAII TRAVEL PARTNERS RECOGNIZED WITH PRESTIGIOUS TRAVEL TRADE AWARDS
- (June 11, 2014)
– TravelAge West Honors Hawaii as “Destination with the Highest Client Satisfaction, USA” and HVCB as the “Tourism Board Providing the Best Travel Agent Support” –